Become a Pilot! $2,650.00
Do you think you want to become a pilot a fly free on your own? The following video will give you an idea of how instruction works. See the view from the vantage point of flying tandem, how students launch and a first solo flight.
Our full course of instruction provides unlimited instruction for $2,650.00. The cost of your tandem flight can be applied 100% to the full course.
- Tandem training
You do 3-5 tandem flights with an instructor where you fly and land the glider with their direct instruction and assistance.
- First Solo
With multiple radios for safety, we help you launch, fly and land a glider on your own for the very first time. There are few moments in life as exhilarating as your first solo!
- Addition solo training flights
We help you gain experience and knowledge by knocking out another 35 or more solo flights all under direct instructor supervision.
Around the 35 flight milestone, you’ll receive your certification as a novice paraglider pilot giving you the opportunity to fly without direct instructor supervision, but we’re still there for you too! We provide unlimited instructions, and many of our pilots continue to actively train to improve their skills for many years.
- Ground school
All this time, you will be learning about weather, aerodynamics, safety, piloting skills, and much more in our beautiful facility at Tiger Mountain, up on launch, or around the bonfire at night.
- Spreading your wings
Our team of pilots fly at sites all around Washington state and the world. After you have gained experience at Tiger, you’ll want to take your wing and see what its like at other sites, and our team is ready to take you with us an introduce you to just how big the paragliding world is!
Students usually purchase their own wing and harness in the first 5-15 flights once you know for sure paragliding is for you and you’ve had a chance to try out some our our different wings. We ask you to put down a $1,000 deposit towards purchasing your own wing and harness. These typically run $3,800 and $1,000 respectively. Used gear is also available. Most people want to purchase your own wing and harness early in the training so you that you can receive training on your own personal equipment.
We are the only full service paragliding school at Tiger Mountain
1) Dedicated instructors available every flyable day. That means we are available whenever your schedule and the weather allows. Other instructors have day jobs and can’t always make it out.
2) We are located directly adjacent to the landing zone. We practice and watch everyone come in for their landings, and then finish up at the bonfire or in our classroom with 4 big screen TVs.
3) Our training hill is where aspiring pilots learn to launch.
4) We have a Zip Line allowing students to practicing reserve deployments.
5) Our dedicated classrooms have large screen TVs, large scale topographical maps, whiteboards, and 3-D models of the terrain and more.
6) Our Saturday morning chalk talks are legendary for their fun video based approach to teaching paragliding.
7) We video almost every launch and review these in detail to help you see and learn.
8) Multiple full-time and part-time instructors ensure you have direct instructor supervision on launch and when you come in for your landing.
9) On site equipment allows you to sit in many different harnesses, and try the most up to date wings in the industry before you buy your own gear.
10) World class guest speakers – Past speakers have included world record distance holders and the owner/designer of Gin gliders (one of the largest distributors of gliders).
More information on our “Why Us” page.
Instruction with Tiger Mountain Paragliding takes you from a student all the way through to an advanced pilot.
• Up to 5 tandem flights with an instructor
• Student through advanced pilot instruction / guidance
• Use of a radio equipped helmets
• Extensive ground handling instruction
• Theory classes
There is no time limit, allowing you to get the required number of flights at your own pace.
Call Marc to discuss becoming a pilot
You can optionally email firstname.lastname@example.org
please include your phone for a callback